Last Updated on February 4, 2019 by Admin
18.104.22.168 Lab – My Online Day Answers
Lab – My On-line Day (Answers Version)
Answers Note: Red font color or gray highlights indicate text that appears in the Answers copy only.
- Record all of your on-line interactions for a single day.
- Categorize the reasons behind your on-line activities.
- Describe how you might accomplish the same tasks without being on-line.
Everything that you access online is located somewhere on the global Internet. Social media sites, multi-player games, messaging centers that provide email, online courses – all of these Internet destinations are connected to local networks that send and receive information through the Internet.
Think about all of the interactions that you have during the day which require you to be online. Use this worksheet to make a list to share with your classmates. Add additional lines or pages as necessary.
|8:00||Phone||Check email||Address any important messages||none|
|8:15||Phone||Check overnight text messages||Update myself on what’s happening||Call everyone?|
|8:30||Desktop||Login at school library to check assignments||Get ready for class||Printed calendar, course schedule, and syllabus|
|8:35||Phone||Check Facebook and Instagram||Update||Print and share pictures. Copy videos to thumb drive and show people in person.|
|9:00||Phone||Played “Angry Birds”||Entertainment||Boredom|
|Noon||Phone||Used Google maps to find closest pizza||Hungry||Call directory assistance|
Continue the list on a separate page if necessary.
- How many of your daily on-line activities would not be possible without being connected to the Internet or a local network?_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- How many different devices did you use to accomplish your on-line activities?_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________