Last Updated on January 15, 2019 by Admin
Which two definitions accurately describe the associated application layer protocol? (Choose two.)
- SMTP – transfers web pages from web servers to clients
- Telnet – provides remote access to servers and networking devices
- DNS – resolves Internet names to IP addresses
- FTP – transfers email messages and attachments
- HTTP – enables devices on a network to obtain IP addresses
The Domain Name Service (DNS) protocol resolves Internet names to IP addresses. Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) transfers files that make up the web pages of the World Wide Web. The Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) transfers mail messages and attachments. Telnet, a terminal emulation protocol, provides remote access to servers and networking devices. The File Transfer Protocol (FTP) transfers files between systems.