ITE v6.0 – IT Essentials Chapter 9 Quiz Answers
Cisco ITE latest or IT Essentials v6.0 Chapter 9 Quiz Answers PC hardware and software (ITE Version 6.00) collection year 2017, 2018 and 2019 Full 100%. IT Essentials has been know as ITE. The following are the questions quiz answers. Guarantee Passed. ITE v6.0 Chapter 9 Quiz Answers has some new update from the old version 5. You can review all Chapter 9 Quiz Answers. You will get passed scored 100% with this version 6.0. Good Luck for ITE v6.0 Quiz!
What is a proactive way to keep a laptop clean?
- Use compressed air to blow the dust off the optical drive.
- Use mild soap to clean the screen.
- Keep fluids away from the laptop computer.
- Clean the keyboard using cotton swabs.
Being proactive in keeping the laptop clean is to anticipate possible accidents such as fluid spills or food drops over the equipment. The incorrect options are scheduled tasks to clean the computer after it gets dirty.
Which situation would indicate a failing laptop battery?
- The battery is not holding the charge for very long.
- The external hard drive has no power from the USB port.
- The screen is not showing full brightness.
- Extra peripherals are draining the battery.
When the battery does not hold a charge, a battery replacement is needed. Even though the battery is not good, the peripherals such as hard disks and the screen will turn on as long as the laptop is on.
A technician troubleshooting a laptop notices that some keyboard keys are not working properly. What should the technician check first?
- if the AC adapter is charging correctly
- if the Num Lock key is on
- if the WordPad program is not corrupted
- if the touch pad is working
Some common problems related to the keyboard are usually caused by having the Num Lock key on. The incorrect options are not related to the keyboard.
A customer brings in a mobile device for repair. After asking a few questions, the service technician determines that the device is unable to connect to any Wi-Fi network. Which step of the troubleshooting process has just taken place?
- Establish a theory of probable causes.
- Identify the problem.
- Implement a solution.
- Document findings.
- Determine the exact cause.
At this stage, you are just identifying the problem and not yet in the position to establish a theory of probable causes.
Which statement describes a mobile device feature?
- Docking stations can add some functionality to mobile devices such as video output.
- There are no field-replaceable parts for mobile devices, but there are some which are field-serviceable.
- Like laptops and desktops, most mobile device hardware is upgradeable.
- When a mobile device is not operating at the speed required by the user, the user must perform a memory upgrade.
Some functionality can be added to mobile devices through the use of built-in ports and docking stations.
Which statement is true of laptop motherboards?
- The form factor varies by manufacturer.
- They are interchangeable with most desktop motherboards.
- Most of them use the ATX form factor.
- They follow standard form factors so they can be interchanged easily.
Laptop computers use proprietary form factors and therefore they are different from one manufacturer to another.
Which statement describes the S4 ACPI power state?
- The laptop is off and nothing has been saved.
- The CPU and RAM are still receiving power, but unused devices are powered down.
- The CPU and RAM are off. The contents of the RAM have been saved to a temporary file on the hard disk.
- The laptop is on and the CPU is running.
The S4 ACPI state is defined as existing when the CPU and RAM are off and the contents of RAM have been saved to a temporary file on the hard disk. This state is also known as the hibernate mode.
What is an example of an expansion slot on a laptop?
- Internal USB
- External PCI
AGP, ISA, and EISA are not laptop slots. USB is a port, and PCI is an internal slot, not external. Some laptops contain a PC Card or ExpressCard slots.
What are three problems laptop computers are more likely to face because of being portable? (Choose three.)
- wrong BIOS configuration
- excessive moisture
- outdated drivers
- excessive wear
- poor performance
Laptop computers are more likely to be used in hostile conditions than are desktop computers. Laptop computers are more likely to be dropped or to be a target of spills and other accidents. Having a virus, performance issues, or outdated drivers are failures that are common to both desktop and laptop computers.
Which type of RAM modules are designed for the space limitations of laptops?
SRAM is not used for desktops or laptops as a RAM module, but as L1 cache inside the CPU. SIMMs were replaced by DIMMs on desktops as RAM modules.
Which component is part of a solid state drive?
- flash memory chip
- disk platter
- drive head
Solid state drives store data in flash memory chips and do not have moving parts such as a drive head, disk platter, or spindle, as do conventional hard drives.
What would be considered a form of removable, non-mechanical, non-volatile memory?
- an external hard drive
- a CMOS chip
- a SODIMM memory module.
- an external flash drive
CMOS chips and SODIMM memory modules are volatile in nature and will lose information when removed from a power source. An external hard drive has mechanical moving parts.
What is the maximum range of a Class 2 Bluetooth network?
- 5 meters
- 50 meters
- 2 meters
- 10 meters
A Bluetooth Class 1 network has a maximum distance of 100 meters. A Bluetooth Class 2 has a maximum distance of 10 meters, and a Bluetooth Class 3 network has a maximum distance of 1 meter.
What is a closed-ended question that a technician may ask when troubleshooting a possible laptop battery failure?
- What problems are you experiencing with your laptop?
- Have you recently upgraded your display driver?
- Can the laptop operate using the AC adapter?
- What software has been installed recently?
A closed-ended question is one that is used to determine the exact cause of a problem. It focuses on a specific aspect of the problem and is used to establish a theory of probable cause.